Welcome to the SENSE Moodle Server!
On this Moodle server you can find the SENSE A1 course and e-learning courses, as well as the interactive environment for research clusters. You can visit our Moodle server as a guest or as a SENSE member.
Most courses and group pages can be viewed by registered members as well as by guests. You can recognize these pages by this symbol: Be our guest and have a look around!
Parts of the content of courses and group pages is open only for registered members. If you are a SENSE PhD Student, SENSE Reseacher or SENSE Alumnus or an external participant in SENSE, you can enter this content by logging in (after creating your own account).
We hope you enjoy working with our Moodle server! For any feedback, please contact us at email@example.com. If you wish to know more about SENSE in general, please visit us at www.sense.nl.
Click here to view your personal course list
|Course type: Postgraduate course
Teachers: Marten Scheffer and Egbert van Nes
Explore and understand tipping points and early warning signals in climate, social and ecosystems by creating and using simple models.
- Be able to analyse simple and more complex differential equation models
- To know how to link dynamical systems theory to practice
- Be able to adapt multi‐species models and create spatial explicit models (cellular automata and lattice differential equations)
- Be able to apply the theory of critical transitions and early warning signals
- To understand when deterministic chaos can be expected
- Early bird 15 January 2014
- Final 1 February 2014
More details and registration at: http://modelling-critical-transitions.sense.nl